Professional Tax Registration
Professional tax is levied by state government on income earned by salaried Individual working with government and non-government organization entities or earned by any trade and is remitted by the employers.
The rates of professional differ state by state, though professional tax is not imposed by few states.
The states that imposed professional tax are Assam, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Kerala, Meghalaya, Madhya Pradesh, Sikkim, Odessa, Telangana, Tamil Naidu, West Bengal and Tripura.
Professional Tax Applicability
- HUF (Hindu undivided family)
- Legal practitioners such as solicitors
- Insurance agents
- Insurance agents
- Chartered Accountants
- Medical Representatives such as doctors, dentists and medical consultants.
Procedure for PTEC Application
- Our executive will get in touch with you and will fill your Professional tax application.
- Documents preparation.
- Fillings form with concern department.
- Tan will send you by concerned department at your Address.
Documents required for Professional Tax Registration.
Address proof of establishment.
Pan of Directors, Partners, Directors or proprietor as applicable.
Address proof of Directors, Partners, Directors or proprietor as applicable.
Photo of Directors, Partners, Directors or proprietor as applicable.
Salary details of employees (If applicable).
Financial statement of establishment
In case of company certificate of incorporation for address proof.
Who is exempted for paying professional tax
- Educational institution.
- Central Para Military force (CPMF).
- EX- serviceman.
- Handicapped Individual with at least 40% disability.
- Any person who has permit of three-wheeler or single taxi to carry goods.
- Members from armed force may be civilian or non-civilian.
- Employees from foreign countries employed as technicians.
Choose your package & proceed to pay
|Professional Tax Registration||Professional Tax Enrollment Certificate (PTEC)||Professional Tax Enrollment Certificate (PTEC)|
|Professional Tax Registration Certificate (PTRC)||Professional Tax Registration Certificate (PTRC)|
Get the process done in 5 Easy Steps
1. What is Pan?
Answer: Pan Known as Permanent Account number. PAN is ten digit alphanumeric unique numbers issued by income tax department.
2. What is different between enrollment and registration of professional tax?
Answer: In professional tax enrollment is the process where certificate of enrollment is provided for registration and Registration is the process where the applicant takes the registration certificate at the time of registration.
3. Where an application of for registration of professional tax can be made?
Answer: An Application for registration of professional tax can be made online.
4. Do I need to present physically for registration of professional tax in Maharashtra?
Answer: No. Registration of professional tax can be done online.
5. Which authority issues the professional tax registration in Maharashtra?
Answer: Maharashtra State government is relevant authority for professional tax.
6. What are amount charges by state for professional tax?
Answer: Any state can charge up to maximum amount of Rs. 2500.